VMware Workstation - The program is designed for workstations, enables a computer to emulate a standalone working environment of the operating system and work with him as with the conventional system. Using this method you can install different operating systems and applications for them, go online and engage in daily tasks, but with somewhat slower speeds. The benefit of this method is the ability to test various software under various operating systems, without adversely harm the current system, installed on my main computer, as well as some test hardware solutions. It can make life easier for developers to significantly cross-platform applications and lovers to work with the new OS.VMware Tools:
* VMware Player - a software only to run virtual machines ready (created by VMware Workstation, or VMware Server). VMware Player also works with virtual machines built with GSX Server and ESX Server, Microsoft VirtualPC and Symantec LiveState Recovery. Free solution with a limited, compared to VMware Workstation, functional. There is a part of the full VMware Workstation 7;
* VMware VIX API - a library for writing scripts and programs under virtualku. The following support systems and programming languages. More information you will find information in your doc, which is installed with the program. Supports Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and above, Linux (kernel 2.4.x and above). Supports programs written in C, Perl, Visual Basic, VBscript, C #. There is a part of the full VMware Workstation 7;
* VMware Server - a free product for server virtualization for Windows and Linux with support for enterprise and opportunity management with VirtualCenter. VMware Server is a reliable and easy to use application virtualization based on proven virtualization technology, which is already more than six years, used by thousands of users.
Among the new features VMware Workstation 7:
* Ability to select as a guest OS virtual machine, VMware vSphere 4;
* Support for Windows 7 as a guest and host OS;
* WDDM driver for the guest OS, Windows 7;
* OpenGL and Shader Model 3.0 for guest Windows XP and Vista;
* Dynamic Download VMware Tools;
* Multi-core and four virtual machines (4 vCPU);
* Ability to print from a virtual machine without installing the drivers at the expense of ThinPrint;
* Create snapshots at specified intervals (AutoProtect);
* Protection of virtual machines 128-bit encryption;
* Support for the ALSA library for guest operating system Linux, which will play music from multiple virtual machines simultaneously;
* Improved Linux Virtual Network Editor.